Khoon Maaf is wicked, says Priyanka Chopra


Priyanka Chopra, who disposes off seven husbands in Vishal Bhardwaj’s ’7 Khoon Maaf’, says people will empathise with her character’s never ending quest for love despite the wickedness of the story.

In true Vishal style, the film has been making news for its dark look and song ‘Darling’, which has become an instant hit. It is second time that Priyanka has teamed up with Vishal after her small role in ‘Kaminey’

“When Vishal sir gave me this short story to read, I could empathise with the pain and tragedy that she had to go through. The only thing that she looked for in life was love and this is what that kept evading her,” Priyanka told PTI.

“What I loved about the story of was the pain and loneliness that made her the kind of woman that she eventually turned out to be,” said the actress, who played 12 different characters in Ashutosh Gowarikar’s ‘What’s Your Rashee?’.

Based on a short story by Ruskin Bond, who also wrote the screenplay with Bhardwaj, the film tells the story of Susanna who murders each of her seven husbands.

Some of the prominent names who play Priyanka’s husbands in the film, releasing this Friday, are John Abraham, Neil Nitin Mukesh, Naseruddin Shah and Irrfan Khan.

But Chopra says that though she kills seven men in the movie, it would not be a frightful experience.

“This is one wicked film and there are many surprises. It is an intense film laced with humour but at the same time it enthralls. It is neither frightful nor horror. In fact I won’t even call it a thriller. Honestly speaking, the film is in a space of its own,” said the actress.

Priyanka, who was last seen in ‘Anjaana Anjaani’, stays on to be the central element of this rare women oriented film. Was that one of the main reasons for her to do the film?

“Of course it was a different world that I was getting in. But then the kind of trust that I have with Vishal and the director-actor relationship that we share, I knew that we were in for something special.
“People may say that this woman is really wicked but then they would also exclaim that ‘Ok, it’s fine actually because she had some good reasons to get rid of these men,” said the actress.

Despite her defining role in the dark thriller, Priyanka does not consider ’7 Khoon Maaf’ a milestone in her
career.

“I have so much more up my sleeves. I always take steps knowing that this would make me move higher. I have to constantly surprise myself with what I can do and with ’7 Khoon Maaf’ that has happened again.”

With lyrics by Gulzar and music by Vishal Bhardwaj himself, ’7 Khoon Maaf’ releases all over this Friday.

Labels:

Makasih