Adah Sharma Amidst Talent Powerhouses Juhi Chawla and Anupam Kher in 'Pri and Me'


Juhi Chawla and Anupam Kher play important roles in Adah Sharma's upcoming film 'Pri and Me,' a romantic comedy about two best friends.

Chawla and Kher are both Bollywood stalwarts with formidable talent, but relative newcomer Adah is not daunted to be in their midst, just thrilled.

"I'm really looking forward to shooting with Juhi Chawla. She's gorgeous and has such superb comic timing! The scenes I have with Anupam Kher too! I think it will be a riot on screen!" gushes Adah.

There is a good reason why Adah Sharma took her time before signing her second film 'Pri and Me,' despite a critically acclaimed debut performance in the horror thriller and box office success - 1920.

Adah was seeking substance and challenge in her roles, over paycheck and tabloid fame. She turned down big banner offers biding for the right role, in the process antagonizing some industry big-wigs.

Even as Adah waited for the right role, paychecks kept flowing her way from endorsements, because her obvious talent and delightful good looks weren't ignored by the more competitive and professional advertisement industry.

She featured in TVCs from Nokia, Olay and Joyalukkas Gold Jewelry, alongside Sharman Joshi, Katrina Kaif and Madhavan respectively.

Describing her role in 'Pri and Me,' Adah tells sawfnews.com, "Its a romantic comedy about two best friends. I play 'Pri' short for Priyanka."

Besides being thrilled about her talented co-stars, Adah is also excited about getting to play someone akin to her own real live character in Pri.

"I'm grateful I had a fantastic debut; I got to play such a strong character. Playing Liza was a lot of fun, but very difficult for me. I didn't really relate to a possessed girl from 1920. My character in Pri and me is very much like me in real life."

The film is expected to feature some pretty catchy music.

Nearing the end of our interaction, we wonder if there is more going on in this talented young girl's life? We risk asking. It turns out we are not wrong.

"I will be signing on with one more big brand soon," she says.

"I'm delighted that these brands are signing me on," she adds with endearing political correctness.

Something tells us she isn't finished, so we wait.

"There are two films that I will announce when we begin filming," comes the whopper!

Why is it that we are not surprised.

Labels:

Makasih