Ke$ha to Play Benefit Concert in Nashville


Finally, Ke$ha will put the dollar sign in her name to good use.

The singer has announced a benefit concert on June 16 in Nashville. All proceeds from the event will go toward rebuilding her hometown, which has seen 21 deaths over the last couple weeks due to extreme flooding and whose flood damages may exceed $1 billion.

"I'm thrilled to announce that I will be playing a show to help benefit Nashville, my hometown," Ke$ha said. "One hundred percent of the profits from ticket sales will go to help the victims of these devastating floods. Nashville helped shape me as an artist and as a person and my love for this city is beyond words.

"I will continue to do anything I can to help rebuild this city and support the families and animals who have been affected by this tragedy."
Sounds like Ke$ha is more than an unusual dresser and great kisser. She has it in her to be a solid humanitarian, as well.

Meanwhile, the Country Music Association announced yesterday that half the proceeds from the 2010 CMA Music Festival will go to the Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee for flood relief.

Taylor Swift has also sent out her thoughts and prayers to Nashville and its citizens. We encourage readers to donate whatever they can to the Red Cross in the area by visiting Nashvilleredcross.org.

Labels:

Makasih